Awhile ago, an Asheville writing coach & author of “Birth Your Story,” Jaime Fleres-Mizejewski, asked her tribe to share beyond the surface; our nuances, idiosyncrasies, and soul’s truth.
Just writing this list reconnected me to ME, and connection to self is a portal to connection with the rest of the world. When we get real with ourselves and celebrate our nuttiness, the walls of perfectionism dissolve in laughter.
And when we put the truth of who we are into the world, we give permission to everyone to do more of this. We wear so many veils. What if we began to pull them away?
Here’s my stream.
- I adore hugs, despise small talk, and am at that annoying person at a party that wants to know your life view on the intersection of purpose and passion.
- I believe each and every one of us is pining to come alive and show the world our amazingness. Even that annoying guy who always calls me kiddo.
- While I never aspired to the mommy parade, I adore my now teenagers with a fierceness that surprises even me. They exhaust, inspire, elevate, test, encourage, and crack me up.
- I would like to meet the engineer who invented the beeping car alarm to simply ask one question; “Why?”
- I believe in all of it, and I believe in the divinity of humanity.
- I am a health fanatic, and it has taken me the better part of my 48 years to get that “wellness” has nothing to do with a number.
- I practice yoga every (damn) day. Oh yeah… I have also birthed two yoga studios and love to teach.
- True to my gemini spirit, I am a total business nerd as well as angel communing, spirit animal loving, tree hugging Believer with a capital B.
- I struggle with So. Many. Ways. To. Connect. FB, IG, Email, Text… It wears me out.
- I once marched dirty underwear out of my pant leg at Walmart.
- I love to dance, travel, write, hike, sing, read, and throw things away. I am a master purger of material items.
- Nothing makes me happier than feet on the earth.
- I am quick off the starting line, bore in the middle laps, but finish all initiatives with a killer sprint. I super love to project plan.
- I feel over the moon privileged to live my life.
- I am hungry for what’s next in my “do good in the world” wild safari.
Will you share yours?